Why should you employ Project Management?
“Give me chastity and continence Lord, but not yet!” So said St. Augustine of Hippo way back in the fourth century, but many small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) voice similar reservations today when asked about project management. They can see how larger organizations benefit from it but, for outfits at their stage of growth they are thinking we are not ready for that yet. Here in Velopi, we disagree and argue that sound project management principles will provide not only benefits but a strategic advantage to organizations of all sizes in the marketplace.
In this one-hour, lunch and learn session, Velopi’s founder, Seamus Collins, will answer the following questions:
• Why employ project management tools and techniques in your enterprise?
• What benefits should you expect to see from the application of project management?
• How do you start the process?
• Has anyone been down this path before?
For whom is this course suitable?
This session will be of interest to anyone who is working in project teams, or who is tasked with bringing projects to successful conclusions. If you feel things could be better organized then this might be the step your firm needs to take.
Seamus has 26 years’ industry experience and has worked both nationally and internationally in a variety of roles. As founder of Velopi, Seamus is responsible for the design and delivery of Project Management training at Velopi and UCC. He holds the following qualifications:
• B.E. (elect) – UCC
• MBA – University of Manchester
• PgMP® (Program Management Professional) – Project Management Institute
• PMP® (Project Management Professional) – Project Management Institute
• PMI-SP® (Scheduling Professional) – Project Management Institute
• Diploma in Applied Project Management – International Project Management Association /UCC
For more information please contact Lijana at email@example.com
Please note we have limited amount of spaces available for this ‘Lunch & Learn’ session. Please book online to secure your place.
This session will now be hosted online via zoom. Please see the link below.
Meeting ID: 849 2599 4642
This session is Free of Charge.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science. For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie Skillnet Ireland Trainee Privacy Statement -> HERE