The Train the Trainer model is recognised as an industry standard for professionals who train others in the workplace or in a range of further education settings. The skillset needed to deliver effective training interventions is complex and diverse requiring trainers to think critically, interact positively with clients and manage complex group dynamics. The learning and development landscape is constantly evolving, and trainers need to upskill and reskill to maintain their edge in competitive markets.
Our Train the Trainer (Special Purpose Award in Training and Development,6S3372) ensure that the knowledge and skills gained on our programmes conform to the most up to date developments in training in Ireland. Special Purpose Award in Training and Development (6S3372) consists of two modules, Training Delivery and Evaluation (6N3326) & Training Needs Identification & Design (6N3325). Both modules must be completed for the full qualification.
Our experienced, qualified and hands-on trainers will take participants through an interactive, challenging and motivational experience towards gaining a qualification in training and development. Our train the trainer courses cover a wide range of topics including theoretical frameworks, best practice interventions, management of complex scenarios and group dynamics.
On completion of Training Delivery and Evaluation (6N3326) participants will be able to:
- Compare concepts and theories underpinning the development & delivery of training
- Identify issues that are likely to impact the effectiveness of a training session for example group dynamics, learning environment, engagement, teaching methods etc
- Increase their awareness of a range of issues to include equality, diversity and disability in the context of current legislation with regard to training diverse groups
- Select appropriate training materials and aids to support training content
- Appraise a range of evaluation models, approaches, tools and techniques used in the evaluation and monitoring of a training and development intervention and provide constructive feedback to participants.
- Design effective evaluation tools, suited to a training session: these tools should enable the trainer to determine whether or not training needs were met and the learning outcomes achieved.
- Provide effective strength-based feedback to course participants
- Evaluate the overall effectiveness of the training using the evaluation tools selected
- Develop a self-improvement action plan
On completion of Training Needs Identification & Design (6N3325) participants will be able to:
- Outline the benefits of training needs analysis at an organisation and/or individual
- Assess a range of approaches and techniques to conduct a training needs analysis.
- Outline the stages of and conduct a targeted training needs analysis.
- Devise a training plan based on a systematic training needs to include user suitability, content, resources and cost-benefit analysis
- Examine the impact of an organisation’s strategy, policy, vision and mission on the development of suitable training.
- Apply a range of performance management approaches in the context of training and development needs
- Carry out a Gap analysis of knowledge, skills and attitudes as part of the overall TNA
- Design a specific training intervention, incorporating a range of design factors grounded in adult learning theory and technical know how
Assessments associated with these modules include skills demonstrations, projects and regular assignments there are no sit down examinations.
6N3325 Module :
Assignment 40%, Project 60% (Total 100 Marks)
Project 40%, Skills Demonstration 40%, Learner Record 20%
QQI Level 6: Course Code 6S3372 Special Purpose Award in Training & Development – 30 credits (2 Modules)
Program Fee: Members €550 / Non-Members: €600 (including training material and certification)
This is a 6 day Virtual Classroom Course delivered via Zoom supported by course materials on Moodle.
Session 1: 31st August from 9:30am to 3:30pm
Session 2: 7th September from 9:30am to 3:30pm
Session 3: 14th September from 9:30am to 3:30pm
Session 4: 21st September from 9:30am to 3:30pm
Session 5: 28th September from 9:30am to 3:30pm
Session 6: 5th October from 9:30am to 3:30pm
For more information please contact Alan Kelly at email@example.com
Please note this is an online program and the link to join this online training will be sent to all registrants 24 /48 hours before scheduled time directly by training organisation.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science. For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie Skillnet Ireland Trainee Privacy Statement -> HERE
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.