The aim of this certified programme is to equip learners with the tools and techniques necessary to effectively manage a team. Participants will acquire a range of supervisory and management skills, in addition to improving their interpersonal and communication skills. The programme combines proven leadership techniques with practical advice on how to maximise your team’s performance and engagement.
Aims and Training Objectives – at the end of this training sessions participants will be able to:
- Learn the relevant knowledge, skill, and competence to work in a range of industry sectors independently in a supervisory capacity.
- Analyse situations and make strategic and objective decisions.
- Develop quality customer service plans.
- Plan and organise people.
- Understand the role of strategic planning and change management.
- Appreciate the importance of quality systems and standards within the organisation.
- Appreciate the importance of effective communications with all stakeholders.
Course Outline will include:
- Summary of duties responsibilities of a supervisory manager
- Evaluation of up-to-date industry standards, guidelines, recommended practices that affect the work environment.
- Methods of Supervision
- Staff code and conduct
- In house and contract staff
- Trade Unions or works committee.
- Precautions necessary to safeguard information and records.
- Description of key steps to recruit staff.
- Analyse risks involved in insurance cover.
- Procedures for liaising with client, colleagues, and other relevant parties
- Maintenance of effective standards of service
- Criteria for Supervisory procedures
- Devise a system for maintain work-related records.
- Operation of a maintenance schedule for equipment and vehicles
- Learn how to prepare a departmental budget.
- Training for Staff, drawing on up-to-date industry standards.
- Assessing the suitability of individuals during the training session
- Carry out staff evaluations to include achievement of objective, feedback on performance, identification of opportunities for personal development.
Who is this course suitable for?
The programme is suitable for the following people:
- Potential Delegates must have some experience in supervising and managing staff in the workplace, this course is suitable for Managers, Team Leads and anyone in a managerial role.
- Existing Team Leaders and Supervisors who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification in Supervisory Management.
- Newly appointed Team Leaders and Supervisors who wish to learn how to manage operations, people and teams.
- Managers in business who have direct reports and wish to learn best-practice techniques for managing people through teamwork.
Accreditation: Successful applicants will receive a QQI Level 6 Certificate Minor award in Supervisory Management.
PROGRAM FEE: €480 Member rate / €560 Non-Member rate
Delivery method: this training program will be delivered in local venue in Shannon. Please note this is face to face training program.
Dates: 19th, 26th April & 3rd, 10th, 17th, 23rd, 26th, 31st May 2022
This is a 8-day course, 9.00 am to 4.00 pm (lunch break and coffee breaks will be allocated).
8* 6 hour sessions (1 session per week)
Good to know: On day 1 of the course all attendees will be brought through course induction to explain the full details of the course, there will be a presentation at the end and there will also be assessments, along with self-directed study in between the training days.
Please book online
For more information email email@example.com or call 086 0679838
Please quote Pumailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie
Skillnet Ireland Trainee Privacy Statement -> HERE