QQI Business Data Analysis (Level 7 – 10ECTS) Micro -Credential
What is data analysis?
Data analysis is the process of collecting and organizing data in order to draw helpful conclusions from it. The process of data analysis uses analytical and logical reasoning to gain information from the data.
You’ll analyse the strategic importance of business data analytical techniques used in a modern business environment. You’ll analyse data arising from a variety of channels such as marketing, digital marketing, sales, human resources (HR), customer relationship management (CRM), finance and research and development (R&D).
Overview of Programme:
The aim of this programme is to introduce the learner to the importance of the analysis of business data as a skill which can be developed to solve business problems across all segments business. It is aimed at both novices in the area or those who are already beginning to engage with data in their current roles and will provide functional literacy and allow learners to be competent in the analysis of data as part of their existing or future employment positions.
Learners will analyse data arising from marketing, digital marketing, sales, human resources (HR), customer relationship management (CRM) and research and development (R&D). Through the analysis of different data sets learners will acquire analytical skills and be able to evaluate different options, demonstrate quantitative and statistical methodologies applied to predicting and forecasting and be able to visualise data through charts and graphs for effective communication with peers and managers creating value for the business. The learner will be able to demonstrate how data is created, stored, and accessed and help create a data driven culture where the analysis of data can flourish. It also develops problem solving and decision-making skills by building and strengthening analytical capabilities.
How is data analysis used in Business:
Data analytics is used in business to help organizations make better business decisions. Whether it’s market research, product research, positioning, customer reviews, segment analysis, or any other issue for which data exists, analysing data will provide insights that organizations need in order to make the right choices.
Data-driven businesses make decisions based on data, which means they can be more confident that their actions will bring success since there is data to support them.
Aims and objectives:
- Extract critical information from large data sets and interpret data to inform business decisions.
- Assess and aggregate available data sources to keep businesses agile and innovative.
- Document and visualise the findings to inform the business decision making processes.
- Utilise industry standard methodologies for data mining, ensuring a robust process is created.
- Know where precisely analysis, numbers and data can add value to the company’s overall strategy.
Our course supports employee development by providing further education and training in a flexible, high quality, accessible and relevant to the changing needs of employees, the economy and industry.
On successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Evaluate and apply appropriate software tools and instruments required for business data analysis
- Demonstrate the use of quantitative and statistical methodologies applied in prediction and forecasting
- Visualize and communicate data analysis with charts and graphs
- Demonstrate how data is created, stored, accessed, and how a business organization works with data
The following software applications will be used during this Business Data Analysis Module:
Microsoft Power BI : Power BI is a business analytics service by Microsoft. It aims to provide interactive visualizations and business intelligence capabilities with an interface simple enough for end users to create their own reports and dashboards.
Tableau Software : Tableau is business intelligence software that helps people see and understand their data.
Microsoft Excel : Microsoft Excel is one of the top tools for data analysis. In this course, you will learn how to perform data analysis using Excel’s most popular features.
Who should attend:
In the modern workplace, it’s crucial to know how to analyse, synthesize, and tell stories with data. This course if for you if:
- You are interested in understanding the actions that help managers make strategic decisions
- You want to understand how to achieve major goals and solve complex problems in business environment
- You are looking to develop transferable skills for the workplace
- You want to make data-driven decisions that help your organisation grow and prosper.
Applicants under 23 need a Leaving Certificate with 5 passes or a QQI Level 6 equivalent. Applicants over the age of 23 can apply on the basis of age and experience.
Online Delivery through E-Learning Platform Moodle/Zoom.
The course will commence Monday 4th October to 13th December.
Duration: One evening per week for 2.5 hours.
Time: 18.30 – 21.00.
Continuous Assessment & Exam
Quality and Qualifications Ireland
Special Purpose Award
Member €390 / Non Member €500
Please book online
For more information please contact Claire at 086 0679838 or email@example.com
The link to join this online training will be sent to all registrants 24 hours before scheduled time.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie