Project Management Essentials course provides you with a foundation in professional project management principles. Based on the Project Management Institute’s Guide to the Project
Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), you will be taken through the entire project lifecycle and will be introduced to the knowledge areas needed to manage any project effectively.
Using a case study, you will complete the necessary steps to plan a project scope and schedule comprehensively.
You will learn how to identify and manage risks and how to manage stakeholders’ expectations via communication. On completion, you will be familiar with key project management terminology and have the tools and techniques needed to manage your own projects.
This Project Management Professional training course is aimed at individuals who need to strengthen their project management skills. It is especially suitable for people new to Project Management or project team members who need to interact more effectively with the Project Manager and Project Stakeholders.
- Identify and define the key project phases
- Learn essential project management skills, concepts, tools and techniques
- Identify project stakeholders and map project deliverables to their needs
- Define and develop the project scope statement and Work Breakdown Structure
- Estimate project resources and duration
- Be able to schedule project tasks and develop a project schedule
- Manage the execution of the project and provide status reports to stakeholder
- Manage and control any changes required or requested
- Successfully close out a project
- Determine what lessons can be learned
Introduction to Project Management fundamentals
- Project Charter
- Identifying stakeholders and their needs
- Scope statement
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Estimation of resources and durations
- Developing timelines and schedules
- Plan communications
- Risk management
Project Monitor & Control
- Change Control
- Status reporting
Project Closing – Review
Delivery: virtual classroom training via ZOOM
Certification: Upon full attendance, learners will receive a digital certificate of completion.
Dates: 24th – 27th April (4 x half days)
Price: Member €260 / Non-Member €300
For more information please contact Alan Kelly at email@example.com
Please note this is an online program and the link to join this online training will be sent to all registrants 24 /48 hours before scheduled time directly by training organisation.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science. For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie Skillnet Ireland Trainee Privacy Statement -> HERE
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.