The Professional Diploma in Change Management will teach participants how to move forward with confidence when external shocks disrupt established patterns. Students will learn how to create environments where change is seen as a positive outcome for all, by supporting teams with empathy and optimism. Attendees will learn about tried and tested change models and how to apply them using the psychology of change and how it plays out in groups and individuals.
As organisations adapt to new ways of working, strong leaders with change management skills are in high demand as they as they respond to current requirements while planning for continuity and recovery.
On completion of this course students will be able to:
- Know and understand the various change models and their practical application
- Know and understand how to plan for change
- Understand the change curve, the various stages of change and the emotions & reactions that present during each stage of change
- Know and understand the leadership traits that drive change
- Know and identify potential barriers to change and practical strategies to overcome them
- Know and understand how to successfully embed change within an organisation
Unit 1: Leading Change: Theory & Practice
- Understanding the change curve
- Lewin’s change model
- McKinsey’s 7 S model
- Kotter’s 8 step theory
Unit 2: Leading Change
- Your role as a manager
- How to plan for change
- Guiding principles for leading change
Unit 3: Leading Others through Change
- Understanding emotions
- Understanding resistance
- Stakeholder engagement
Unit 4: Factors that influence Change
- Barriers to change
- Sources of resistance
- Enabling & engaging
Unit 5: Embedding Change
- Success factors
- Managing the transition
- Sustaining the momentum
How will I be assessed?
Students will be assessed through a written case-study or project, which must be completed and submitted in the two weeks following the course.
Please book online Price:
Non Member – €500
- Live online lectures with an industry expert
- 5 weeks: One 3 hour lecture per week
- Thursdays, 6.30pm – 9.30pm
For more information please contact Alan Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this is an online program and the link to join this online training will be sent to all registrants 24 /48 hours before scheduled time directly by training organisation.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science. For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie Skillnet Ireland Trainee Privacy Statement -> HERE
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.