The aim of the Human Error Problem Solving programme is to provide the learner with the knowledge to understand the principles of Human Error and apply to problem solving when human error is assigned as the root cause.
Programme Learning Outcomes:
At the end of this training programme, the trainee will be able to:
1. Define Human Error.
2. Identify how the Brain processes information.
3. Describe the 4 Types of Human Error.
4. Describe the 12 subcategories of Human Error.
5. Understand the importance of designing a human -centred approach to process design.
6. Complete a root cause analysis for Human Error.
Introduction to Human Error Principles
▪ Overview of HEP strategy
▪ Understand the Benefits of HEP to Organisation
▪ Understand Human Error (definition and assumptions)
▪ Understand the traditional Human Error cycle
▪ Experience Human Error through a Simulation exercise
▪ Understand Fundamentals of how the Brain interprets information
▪ Understand the 4 categories of Human Error and subcategories
o Competency Error and Subcategories
o Omission Error and Subcategories
o Decision Error and Subcategories
o Execution Error and Subcategories
Problem Solving with Human Error Principles
▪ How to utilise these Error categories in Managing your Business
▪ Introduction to Root Cause Analysis Problem Solving
▪ Overview of the 8 steps to human error problem solving
▪ Introduction to direct, contributing and root cause analysis.
▪ Complete a Human Error Problem Solving Analysis
▪ Summary and Conclusion
The training programme is suitable for those looking to improve their leadership capabilities, to maximise a positive outcome when engaging and interacting with people, including:
• All Managerial Roles
• People Leaders
• Project Managers
Date & Time:
Wednesday 28th February.
09:00 – 16:30
This event will take place in Limerick. Exact venue TBC
Program Fee: Members €190 / Non-Members: €200
For more information please contact Alan Kelly at email@example.com
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science. For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie Skillnet Ireland Trainee Privacy Statement -> HERE
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.